- To control who manages and receives your assets at your death.
- To minimize administrative expenses and legal fees.
- To transfer a greater share of your assets to your heirs and favored charities/causes.
- To protect your heirs by providing them with wealth management continuity throughout your lifetime and beyond.
Reasons for Ongoing Reviews
Even if you already have an estate plan, you should review it with your advisor in the event of:
- The birth of a child or grandchild
- A significant change in your net worth (stock option vesting or inheritance)
- Changes in financial objectives (such as early retirement)
- The purchase or sale of a house or family business
- Death of a spouse or beneficiary
- Changes in the tax laws